Thursday, January 17, 2008

Soup of the Week

Dear Senator Leahy,

I appreciate the sentiment, but next time, pls make your endorsements before the primary next door, Jim Douglas-style.

Thanks,
Bree

I have this new scheme where I make a different soup every Sunday (ok, so far have only done this once, but...) and then freeze it and eat it each day for lunch. It's snowing out now, and Sunday's chili couldn't be more delicious. I find it pretty challenging to eat enough produce while just cooking for myself, and a soup with a lot of veggies helps. I think I also want to try using leftover salad vegetables, post-chop-up, in omelettes. My friend Michele thinks the solution for cooking for yourself is to eat the exact same thing every day, so you don't wind up with ill-suited leftovers. Katie thinks the secret is a dinner composed of no-prep snacks-- a rice cake here, a yogurt there. I really want to learn to cook though, so I'll keep you posted if I develop any brillant strategies.

Any candidates for the next soup of the week?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rumor has it that someone in the area makes really good butternut squash/apple soup. You should look them up.

Anonymous said...

West African Chicken Peanut

Anonymous said...

Mexican Lime Tortilla